Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April Member Blog Hop and My no stress DT Debut!



I am so absolutely excited to be part of the new design team at Smeared Ink! When we received our assignments to post to the DT blog here, I thought, "That's Fabulous! Thursdays tend to be my crafty days :)!" Then I realized my very first DT member post was going to occur on April Member Blog Hop day AND I couldn't remember what project I had in mind when I signed up for it. But hey! That's how I operate most of the time and so...knowing this project is NOTHING like I first had in mind, here ya go!
The challenge was to use a stamped image somewhere and to use METAL. I decided to add another layer of difficulty and celebrate Earth Day by trying to reuse, repurpose, and recycle as much as I absolutely could in my project. You can find out more about the hows and why at my blog post at http://www.whatspeaks2myheart.wordpress.com/ because I don't want to load you down with details here when you have a BLOG HOP to check out! The METAL in my project is window screening shaped into a basket (and I have the holey fingers to prove it--two words of advice USE GLOVES!) and the handle is plastic coated twisty tie from toy packaging. The image and sentiment I used are from the Lil Grumpies Occasions found here http://www.smearedink.com/ .

And IF you are starting here, be sure to check out the entire blog roll for awesome METAL projects!


Thanks for having a look and I hope you enjoy!

-Paula

1 comment:

  1. I left you love on your blog. Very clever use of metal and awesome first DT posting!

    ReplyDelete