Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday is blackdragon day!

Happy wednesday to everyone, today is my turn to share something with you.
I have altered a box.... using the sculpture paper that Terra gives a brilliant tutorial on, on Mixed media university.
After making my paper ....i used clear gesso mixed with red paint...i cover my empty box with it... i distressed the edges with black paint and silver metallic rub-on cream.
I used T!m Holtz die-cuts around the sides of the box...painted black and distressed same as the box. I painted a wooden heart red, triple embossed with clear embossing powder.... i added a little chinese laquer around the edges just before stamping my SMEARED INK, GODDESS,
into it.



I made 2 lace flowers, coloured some silk leaves black, added some ribbon and placed that on the box top with my GODDESS heart.
Finally i added the word 'love' .... there you have it... a recycled box, fit for a Valentines gift.... oh dear...now to make something to put in it!
Thank you for joining me today. Please remember to go and check out TERRA's tutorial.... sculpture paper was so easy to make and fun to work with.... i have some deep purple waiting for me!
All the best,
lynx



8 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Lynx! All the work you put into it sows! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great! I love all the elements of it! and that heart is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks amazing. adds another dimension to a fab design. all those elements are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is just Freakin Fantabulous!!! I so wanna take mine down now... I love Love love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I love everything about this project, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic box the paper looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you made the paper, flowers!!!! the heart is badass, i'm going to have to try that! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete