Friday, February 11, 2011

Perfect Couple

Hiya folks! It's Alison, and Friday is my day to post here! I hope you are all enjoying the new Smeared & Smudged DT blog. On to my project. I used an image and sentiment from one of the newest digi collections, Smitten. I love this collection because it's got fantastic vintage images that have just the right amount of snarkiness. And the sentiments are very versatile.
I used Crabby Love for my focal image. It's colored with pencil. I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday, so I used that to make the layout of my card.


This is probably "prettier" then you're used to seeing from we Smeared & Smudged gals...but I like to change things up a bit. And doesn't this image just beg to be "pretty?" On the inside, I'd like to put something witty, like: "Because you're both crabby!" What do you think?


I spritzed the sentiment with Glimmer Mist. Then I inked it and tore up the edges. I added some pretty rhinestones and rain drops for splashes by the girl's feet.


Hope you liked my card! Don't worry, next Friday I'll be back to my gothic old self again! Be sure to check back here often...each day a different member of our fabulous Design Team will post a new project! And, Tuesday is our monthly member blog hop...so be sure to check that out! Have an inspiring day!







3 comments:

  1. wonderful job! it is pretty, you do very well with pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty is how I see this image first, but I'm sure it will be given another "treatment" soon enough. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete